How to ensure cybersecurity in the world of remote work?
As an increasing number of companies offer the option of working remotely, cybersecurity is an important aspect to consider. The employees working remotely and the organization must implement certain measures to ensure secure remote work.
The employer’s side
Remote work involves employees accessing confidential data outside of the organization’s network. To strengthen security, you can implement these strategies.
- Draft a comprehensive policy and regularly update it. Enforce the use of strong passwords and make sure that they’re changed regularly. Mandating two-factor authentication also provides an added layer of security.
- Provide access to files, networks, and other resources only on the basis of need. Ensure that the employees’ access to resources are revoked at appropriate times.
- Unsecured Wi-Fi networks offer a variety of ways for attackers to listen to confidential data. Ensure that remotely working employees use VPN to access any organizational data.
- Educate employees about the possible threats and what they can do to mitigate them.
The employee’s side
- Avoid using USBs, especially personal ones on your work device.
- Ensure that you have your device with you at all times. Opt for secure screen lock options and enable the ‘Find my Device’ option for increased security.
- In case you think you are a victim of any cyberattack, contact your IT admin immediately. This helps the team take the necessary steps to limit the damage.
- In a corporate environment, most of the important information is exchanged through email. Enable email encryption to prevent unintended recipients from reading the email content.
- Beware of social engineering attacks. Verify the authenticity of a link before clicking it, ensure adequate precautions before transferring official funds, and exercise caution before revealing confidential data.
If you have any queries,please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org